As leaders at Florida Atlantic University, we connect people to knowledge and global communities of learning across time and space. Reimagining services and spaces, we enable users to explore, collaborate, educate, and create in their journey toward academic excellence and lifelong learning.
- Support the University’s research and instructional mission by providing innovative and responsive collections, services, and programs that are uniquely suited to the curriculum, the region, and the academic community.
- Increase effective use of technology to improve library services and support a collaborative research and learning environment, including the expansion of web-based and other virtual library services and locally created digital collections.
- Reimagine the physical and virtual spaces and services of the libraries to provide a welcoming, safe and effective place for people to explore, study, create, and collaborate.
- Champion the advancement of distance education at FAU through developing and enhancing a wide range of support services in collaboration with the Center for E-Learning and the Colleges.
- Develop and strengthen a culture of assessment to provide for continuous improvement undertaken in collaboration with the FAU community and external partners.
- Cultivate a broad base of alumni and community support that secures funding needed for excellence and innovation.
- Enhance the provision of excellent service through ongoing training and the adoption of strong customer-centric service models.
- Foster an appreciative environment that engenders a skilled, inclusive, and innovative staff and enables them to succeed in meeting the demands of the changing workplace and in strengthening the Libraries’ participation in the University’s mission.
- Develop a culture that serves as a model of diversity and inclusion for staff and for the Libraries’ patrons.